Spinal And Back Trauma
Legal Advocates For Injured Clients And Families Throughout New Mexico
Approximately 273,000 people currently live with a spinal cord injury (SCI). With about 12,000 new cases every year, the statistic is likely to remain steady. Life will never be the same for spinal injury victims and their families. They deserve access to new medical advances and opportunities to reduce pain and improve their functionality and quality of life.
Revo Law Firm, LLC wants to help you overcome the many challenges you and your family face because of your spinal cord injury. Founded in 1979, our firm has the experience and dedication to maximize your compensation. We will do all we can to help you cope and to obtain the funding you need to move forward from this tragedy.
What Are The Primary Causes Of Spinal Cord Damage?
The National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (NSCISC) lists the leading causes of spinal cord injuries in its February 2013 report:
- Motor vehicle accidents — Crashes involving cars, trucks and motorcycles account for 36.5 percent of spinal cord injuries.
- Falls — Falls equal 28.5 percent of SCIs and typically occur at home or in the workplace, especially in construction and other high-risk jobs.
- Violence — Violence, primarily involving gunshot wounds, is responsible for 14.3 percent of SCI victims.
- Sports — Although sports-related spinal cord damage has decreased over time, sports still cause 9.2 percent of SCIs.
Living With A Spinal Cord Injury Has Many Costs
The financial costs of living with a spinal cord injury depend on the age of the occurrence and the area of the spine damaged. According to the NSCISC, an individual who sustains an SCI at 25 years old may incur lifetime costs of:
- $5,010,748 for high tetraplegia (C1-C4)
- $3,661,165 for low tetraplegia (C5-C8)
- $2,450,234 for paraplegia
- $1,674,012 for incomplete motor function
Coupled with diminished income, the high costs of care can quickly deplete your family’s resources. Our legal team will calculate fair damages in consultation with medical professionals, economists and monetary advisers who understand the full impact of your disability on your financial security, and we will aggressively pursue your claim.
Discuss Damages For Your Injury
Following a spinal cord or back injury, you likely have many kinds of damages. Revo Law Firm, LLC can help you determine the value of these damages and fight for compensation.