Fight For Compensation For Your Surgical Or Anesthesia Injury
Researchers at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine concluded that approximately 80,000 surgical mistakes happened in U.S. hospitals in the 20-year period between 1990 and 2010 — equaling approximately 4,000 surgical mistakes every year. The study dubbed these incidents “never events” because they should never have occurred and would not have except for the negligence of doctors, nurses, staff, other medical professionals and the hospitals where they worked.
In an age when health care expenses have skyrocketed, cutting costs often takes precedence over patient safety. Yet the costs to injured patients are extraordinary. Unfortunately, little has changed over the last decades. “Never events” continue to occur and patients continue to pay the physical, emotional and financial costs of those mistakes.
Revo Law Firm, LLC can advocate for clients who suffered because of:
- Anesthesia errors: Administering anesthesia is exacting. Too much of the powerful drugs can result in traumatic brain damage and death. Too little of the medications can fail to render patients unconscious, leading to the excruciating experience of remaining awake during surgery.
- Surgical errors: Your surgeons are human, but they should not make mistakes that cause you harm. If they do, they or their employer should pay the compensation you deserve for your damages.
How Do Surgical Errors Occur?
Surgical errors are shockingly commonplace, and they are almost always preventable. The ones that occur most frequently involve:
- Leaving a foreign object in a patient’s body
- Performing the wrong procedure on a patient
- Operating on the wrong body part
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Unsterile equipment that causes patient infection
- Tubes improperly inserted into the patient
- Emergency room delays
- Recovery room problems
How Attorney Terrence Revo Can Help You
A surgical mistake can cause you permanent disability and pain that require a lifetime of expensive medical care, diminished quality of life and a shortened lifespan. Our medical malpractice lawyer will investigate your claim to determine who was responsible for your injuries or your loved one’s death. We will pursue the maximum compensation from your surgical team and the hospital facility that made the medical mistakes.
Make A Free Initial Consultation
Revo Law Firm, LLC, located in Albuquerque, can guide you through the legal process if you experienced a surgical or anesthesia error. Contact us for a free consultation. Either contact us online, or call 505-293-8888. We have flexible scheduling hours.